Wednesday, December 5, 2012

二十年後のわたし (追伸)


二十年後のわたし (追伸)

I get question ‘where do you see yourself 5/10/20 years from now’ a lot during interviews. My well-rehearsed ambitions along the lines of ‘I shall be the best in the industry’ were always presented as the answer.

There is also a part of me that just want to be jobless, do simple things like playing piano, singing, learning new languages, reading– things that I can peacefully enjoy.

Both of them are my dreams.

But I guess what will actually happen is that I will do what I do now and still dream those dreams.

A very famous Chinese author once said

Life is Elsewhere
生活在别处
生活 (せいがつ)は ほかの場所に あります。
 
So true.

1 comment:

  1. We are all so inherently paradoxical. We know we have dreams that may never come true. But we still entertain these dreams.

    ReplyDelete